[yt-users] SSLError when trying to update

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 11:37:13 PDT 2017

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Slavin, Jonathan <jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu>
wrote:

> ​Hi Nathan,
>
> I just tried again about an hour ago and was able to successfully update.
> So whatever the problem was, it seems to be fixed now.
>
> On a different note, when I do 'conda update anaconda' it asks me if I
> want to downgrade a whole slew of packages due to dependency conflicts
> including astropy, matplotlib, numpy, and scipy among others.  Any idea
> what's up with that?  I'll ask on the anaconda user's list.

"anaconda" is a metapackage that pins a bunch of packages to a fixed
version. So "conda update anaconda" is asking to "updgrade" to the latest
version of the metapackage, which might in turn lead to a downgrade of many
individual "real" packages if you have updated those packages individually
since you last updated the anaconda metapackage.