[yt-users] Fwd: Hyperion v0.9.8 released - including a new easy installation method!

Desika Narayanan desika.narayanan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 07:13:27 PDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thomas Robitaille <thomas.robitaille at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 9:31 AM
Subject: Hyperion v0.9.8 released - including a new easy installation
method!
To: hyperion-announce at googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to inform you that a new release of the Hyperion
Monte-Carlo dust continuum radiative transfer code (v0.9.8) is now
available! This version includes a number of bug fixes and
improvements, and you can find a full list of changes here:

    http://docs.hyperion-rt.org/en/stable/changes.html

In addition, it is now very easy to install Hyperion using the
Anaconda Python Distribution or Miniconda, by doing:

    conda install -c conda-forge hyperion

This installs both the Fortran and Python code, including the MPI
functionality, and is by far the easiest way to install Hyperion! You
can find out more about this installation method here:

    http://docs.hyperion-rt.org/en/stable/installation/installation.html

As a reminder, the homepage for the code is located here:

    http://www.hyperion-rt.org

from which you can also access the latest tar file and documentation.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the release, if you
run into any issues with the code, or if anything is unclear in the
documentation. The best way to report issues is via GitHub:

    https://github.com/hyperion-rt/hyperion/issues

Best regards,
Thomas Robitaille