[yt-users] Cut Region Failure

Jason Galyardt jason.galyardt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:25:24 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I would like to generate a compound cut region for a FLASH simulation, but
the output I'm getting is odd. I've pasted my simple script here:

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6839/

It loads a simulation file, creates a compound cut_region (1e4 K < T < 1e6
K), and applies it to a slice plot. The resulting image is banded, as you
can see by the attached plots. Am I missing something, or is this a problem
related to yt?

FYI, I get the same behavior when I use a projection plot or only one of
the conditionals (e.g. T < 1e6 K). I've tried both the stock 3.3.1 version,
as well as the self-contained development version that I installed earlier
this afternoon using install_script.sh. Let me know if any other info is
useful.

Cheers,
Jason