[yt-users] Using Rockstar on Filtered Data

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 05:59:40 PDT 2016

Hi Andrew,

The rockstar interface from yt does not accept a data container in the same
way that HOP and FOF do.  It would be possible to add this functionality
without too much trouble, but I have another solution that should work
without any code modifications.  If you are on the development version of
yt, you can take advantage of a function associated with all data
containers called save_as_dataset.  This will save any fields you like from
a data container in a format that can be reloaded into yt as a regular
dataset.  You can use this functionality to save a region data container,
reload it, and run rockstar on that.  I have tested this out on a small
Enzo dataset and confirmed that it will work.  An example of what you would
need to do is below:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6615/

You can then load in the dataset created by that script and run it through
rockstar.  Again, you will need to switch to the development version of yt
for this.

Britton