[yt-users] Using Rockstar on Filtered Data

Andrew Glaser aglaser at haverford.edu
Wed Jun 8 13:03:24 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to run several different clustering algorithms and evaluate
them. I'd prefer to have them all run at once, since the trials are
somewhat randomized. In order to reduce the runtime (for now) I have been
filtering my dataset by construction a simple yt.region object which is
conveniently accepted by both HOP and FoF. However, Rockstar doesn't seem
to have anything comparable. Could you recommend any way for me to easily
filter the dataset and then pass it to Rockstar? I'd prefer not to have to
switch out datasets in order to adjust the size/number of particles being
processed for this.

Sincerely,
Andrew Glaser

--