[yt-users] PHOX implementation

Barbara Ramirez Barbara.Ramirez-Mosquera at uibk.ac.at
Tue Sep 29 05:13:39 PDT 2015

Hello again John! I'm not sure what you mean with changing the number of
chunks in the .yt/config file? I did change the number of chunks and
lowered the exposition time to get one photon list, but is that list
enough? Don't I need to merge it with another observation? Or you meant
changing the photon_per_chunk parameter somewhere else in the yt code?
Or perhaps you meant I should try the first option (run it in a machine
with more RAM / parallel)? I'll try that right now anyway! Thanks for
everything, I'll keep an eye on the patch! Barbara
Hi Barbara, Any chance you could try the option I mentioned where you
change number of chunks in the .yt/config file? That way you might be
able to avoid doing merging altogether.

This is a bug I fixed yesterday?when I have some way of getting the patch to you I will let you know.

This happens when you choose parameters for project_photons that would result in a higher number of photons being drawn than exist in the original set that you generated. I?m going to change this error message so it?s more informative.

Best,

John