[yt-users] Problem in running parallel yt on stampede

Greg Meece meecegre at msu.edu
Sun Jul 5 19:56:42 PDT 2015

Are you running on the login node?

I've seen this too when I try to use mpi4py in a script on the Stampede
login ode. Specifically, it fails in the 'from mpi4py import MPI' step.
This happens even if I am not using yt or not running in parallel.

mpi4py works fine (for me at least) in an interactive compute node. I
wonder if they have the login nodes set up  to discourage parallel jobs.

-- Greg

On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> How did mpi4py get installed?
>
> You may need to troubleshoot this with the Stampede sysadmins, since the
> error is being raised by the MPI library you're using.
>
> On Sunday, July 5, 2015, rahul kashyap <rahulkashyap411 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear yt-users,
>>
>> I'm trying to use parallel yt on stampede and got this error --
>> LiMIC: (limic_open) file open fail
>> [unset]: aborting job:
>> Fatal error in PMPI_Init_thread:
>> Other MPI error, error stack:
>> MPIR_Init_thread(436)....:
>> MPID_Init(371)...........: channel initialization failed
>> MPIDI_CH3_Init(335)......:
>> MPIDI_CH3I_SMP_Init(1723): LiMIC2 device does not exist: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> In the interactive ipython, import yt and import mpi4py works ok but,
>> yt.enable_parallelism() gives the same error.
>> Serial scripts runs perfectly fine. I've also tried building mpi4py by
>> specifying mpicc path; itdoesn't work.
>>
>> Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> rahul

Gregory Meece
Michigan State University
Department of Physics and Astronomy