[yt-users] grid background for camera snapshot

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 05:17:24 PDT 2014

Hi Remy and Cameron,

I think that's correct.  There's a prototype implemented that could
potentially do this, but it's not ready yet.  Basically, what needs to
happen:

 * Input color determined
 * Z-buffer created
 * Rays integrated out to z-buffer values
 * Compositing step

Right now, there're prototypes of the last three items, but the first
one for isocontours is not ready or done.  If you're interested in
working toward this, I think it could be relatively straightforward
(phong shading, collisions, etc, are all realizable in the existing
infrastructure) but I think on my end and Sam's end we won't be able
to spend a considerable amount of time on it for at least the next
month.

-Matt