[yt-users] grid background for camera snapshot

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 17:16:14 PDT 2014

Hi Remy,

Sam or Matt may correct me here, but I don't think that the Camera
interface is currently capable of providing a backdrop like the one from
Matplotlib in that example.  However, you *can* provide a bounding box for
your data, which gives it some context of 3-dimensional space:
http://yt-project.org/doc/cookbook/complex_plots.html#volume-rendering-with-bounding-box-and-overlaid-grids

There is currently development going on in yt 3.0 to enable a more
extensive camera interface which may allow for something like this, but it
will be a few more months before it's ready for use.

I hope this helps.

Cameron

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Remy Indebetouw <indebetouw at gmail.com>
wrote:

> yt newbie here - nice software, thanks for all your hard work!
>
> I really like the matplotlib 3d axis background, as e.g.
> http://yt-project.org/doc/cookbook/complex_plots.html#plotting-isocontours
> But I can't figure out how to get something remotely like that with a
> rendered camera snapshot.
>
> Is this possible?
> Thanks.
> Remy