[yt-users] RAMSES MHD visualisation weirdness

Sam Geen samgeen at astro.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 11 07:58:29 PST 2014

Hi,

I tried visualising a RAMSES MHD output in YT and got this weird effect:
http://i.imgur.com/abjRorm.png (this happens for slices and projections)

Any idea what could be causing this? Nearly-identical non-MHD
simulations seem to visualise fine, and it happened for every MHD output
I've looked at. I can give more info if you like, although I'm not sure
what diagnostics to check for, so pointers on how to hunt this down
would be appreciated as well! It's entirely possible it's a
bug/side-effect of the MHD solver, although I'm not sure what, and other
visualisation routines (in IDL/Fortran) seem to work fine with some of
the outputs I've tried on it.

Thanks,

Sam