[yt-users] Announcement: 2014 UC-HIPACC yt workshop, March 23-25

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 09:18:50 PST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

We are proud to officially announce the upcoming 2014 yt developer
workshop.  This three day event, to be held on the campus of the
University of California, Santa Cruz on Sunday March 23rd through
Tuesday March 25th, will bring together a diverse group of students,
researchers, and developers.

While past workshops have been broad in scope, this workshop will be
focused on advancing the goals of yt 3.0 in tandem with the goals of
the AGORA project.  The four primary goals of this workshop will be to
advance the state of the code for:

 * GPU-based rendering, integrating the PyRGBA toolkit developed at UCSC
 * Improve scalability of particle and octree datasets in yt
 * Streamline and optimize SPH smoothing kernel implementations
 * Integrate more tightly with halo finders and develop an API for SAM interop

Through UC-HIPACC we are able to offer attendance funding for
participants, including travel and lodging.  Funds will be
preferentially distributed to students and the level of individual
support will depend on demand.

If you are interested in attending, please fill out this very short
form, and we will be in touch shortly with more details:

http://goo.gl/ZDfFvI

If you have questions or concerns about the workshop, please feel free
to contact the organizers at workshop2014 at yt-project.org.

On behalf of the organizing committee,

Matthew Turk
Miguel Rocha