[yt-users] EPS.single_plot() interface

John Wise jwise at physics.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 5 12:44:48 PST 2013

Hi John,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I've done the same
workaround with eps_writer before, and it's a pain!  It seems like the
eps_writer was never compatible with off-axis projections.  Plus, it
hasn't been updated to be compatible with PlotWindows.

I've made the necessary changes to eps_writer so it works with plot
windows now.  I've tested it with slices, projections, off-axis
projections, and phase plots, and they now work as desired.

I've submitted a PR, but if you want to test it out before it's merged,
please go ahead!

hg pull -r 49a5b85 https://bitbucket.org/jwise77/yt-clean
hg update

Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,
John

On 11/05/2013 10:13 AM, John Regan wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I've been playing with the eps interface a little to decorate some
> plots. It's a very nice feature but I haven't been able to get in to
> work with the output from OffAxisProjectionPlot() or
> off_axis_projection(). Basically I call one of these functions, produce
> a nice projection and would like to pass that object to eps.single_plot
> and make some modifications.
>
> The problem is that PWViewrMPL object has no colorbar attribute and so
> when insert_image_yt() gets called the script fails as it tries to
> access this attribute. I can workaround the issue by creating the
> projection and converting the image to jpg and passing the jpg image to
> insert_image() and it works great but it's not very clean. It would be
> nice to pass the PWViewrMPL object in somehow.
>
> Just wondering if another wrapper function is needed or if there is an
> even easier way that I am missing.
>
> Cheers,
> John

John Wise
Assistant Professor of Physics
Center for Relativistic Astrophysics, Georgia Tech
http://cosmo.gatech.edu