[yt-users] EPS.single_plot() interface

John Regan johnanthonyregan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 07:13:11 PST 2013

Hi All,

I've been playing with the eps interface a little to decorate some plots.
It's a very nice feature but I haven't been able to get in to work with the
output from OffAxisProjectionPlot() or off_axis_projection(). Basically I
call one of these functions, produce a nice projection and would like to
pass that object to eps.single_plot and make some modifications.

The problem is that PWViewrMPL object has no colorbar attribute and so when
insert_image_yt() gets called the script fails as it tries to access this
attribute. I can workaround the issue by creating the projection and
converting the image to jpg and passing the jpg image to insert_image() and
it works great but it's not very clean. It would be nice to pass the
PWViewrMPL object in somehow.

Just wondering if another wrapper function is needed or if there is an even
easier way that I am missing.

Cheers,
John