[yt-users] EPS.single_plot() interface

John Regan johnanthonyregan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 06:08:08 PST 2013

Hi John,

I pulled down your update onto my Dev installation and ran it. The eps
writer now successfully takes as input the plot window but fails on saving
the plot.
Any ideas? The error is below.

Cheers,
John

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/homeappl/home/regan/appl_taito/YT/Dev/yt-x86_64/lib/python2.7/threading.py",
line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File
"/homeappl/home/regan/appl_taito/YT/Dev/yt-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pyx/text.py",
line 663, in run
    raise RuntimeError("TeX/LaTeX finished unexpectedly")
RuntimeError: TeX/LaTeX finished unexpectedly

still waiting for tex after 5 (of 60) seconds...
still waiting for tex after 10 (of 60) seconds...
still waiting for tex after 15 (of 60) seconds...
still waiting for tex after 20 (of 60) seconds...
still waiting for tex after 25 (of 60) seconds...
still waiting for tex after 30 (of 60) seconds...
still waiting for tex after 35 (of 60) seconds...
still waiting for tex after 40 (of 60) seconds...
still waiting for tex after 45 (of 60) seconds...
still waiting for tex after 50 (of 60) seconds...
still waiting for tex after 55 (of 60) seconds...
the timeout of 60 seconds expired and tex did not respond.
We try to finish the dvi due to an unhandled tex error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "OffAxisProjection.py", line 74, in <module>
    ep.save_fig("test", format="eps")
  File
"/homeappl/home/regan/appl_taito/YT/Dev/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/visualization/eps_writer.py",
line 779, in save_fig
    self.canvas.writeEPSfile(filename)