[yt-users] Install yt in oak ridge system with system python package

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 05:39:03 PST 2013

Hi Junhwan,

Sounds like an exciting project!  Sam Skillman and I are also going to
be using Titan/Lens soon for yt work, so we'll be able to provide some
more detailed feedback about it.  But, I think what you'll want to do
is to get a system python with matplotlib, numpy, h5py and Cython, and
then build yt from source on top of that.  You won't need scipy unless
your routines utilize it.

Also, please feel free to involve either me directly in the discussion
with the consultants at ORNL, as I'm more than happy to help out.

-Matt