[yt-users] Slices from Flash data

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 07:58:53 PDT 2012

Hi Alice,

I have two questions --

1) Is your simulation being evolved with periodic boundary conditions?
2) Did you allow yt to choose the point of peak density as the center of
the PlotCollection?

If the answer to these are no and yes (in order) then I think what's
happening is that the center of the PlotCollection is off, and yt is
applying periodicity, which shows up as what you're seeing.  Can you try:

pc = PlotCollection(pf, 'c')
pc.add_slice("eint", 0)
pc.save()

I think this might just be a trick of how it's centering the data.

-Matt