[yt-users] Installing yt without hg

david collins antpuncher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:49:49 PST 2011

Hi there--

I'm on a system that has a pretty fierce firewall so that things like
pip, wget, and mercurial can't see the outside world through any http
based protocol.  I got the zips from a different machine and things
worked basically fine until I got to the bit where it tries to install
easy_install.  (error below)

Has anyone had experience with such a problem, and have suggestions
for getting around the need for a network connection?

Thanks,
d.

Installing easy_install script to /usr/projects/magnetic/david_c/local/bin
Installing easy_install-2.7 script to /usr/projects/magnetic/david_c/local/bin

Installed /usr/projects/magnetic/david_c/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/distribute-0.6.21-py2.7.egg
Processing dependencies for distribute==0.6.21
Finished processing dependencies for distribute==0.6.21
After install bootstrap.
Creating /usr/projects/magnetic/david_c/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg-info
Creating /usr/projects/magnetic/david_c/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools.pth
Searching for pip
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/pip/
Download error on http://pypi.python.org/simple/pip/: timed out --
Some packages may not be found!
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/pip/
Download error on http://pypi.python.org/simple/pip/: timed out --
Some packages may not be found!
Couldn't find index page for 'pip' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/
Download error on http://pypi.python.org/simple/: timed out -- Some
packages may not be found!
No local packages or download links found for pip
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('pip')

--
Sent from my computer.