[yt-users] Installing yt without hg

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 16:00:13 PST 2011

Hi Dave,

Is it dying inside setup.py in yt?  If so, try disabling that in
setup.py (lines 5&6).  It might break, in which case, we can probably
get rid of the distribute/setuptools specific options.  I think this
would be the entry_points option (lines 122-124) and possibly line
130.  These options provides the 'yt' command, which maybe we can mock
up using a script rather than an entry point, and then get rid of
setuptools altogether.  You will also not be able to use the "develop"
command if you do not use setuptools/distribute, in which case you'll
be stuck installing and having to reinstall if you make changes.

I strongly encourage you to file as a bug with the distribute folks
that you can't install a distribute-bootstrapped package without a
network connection.

-Matt