[yt-users] Santa Barbara Cluster Comparison

Casey W. Stark caseywstark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:59:46 PDT 2011

Hello yt.

I'm trying to generate plots like the ones in Frenk 1999, the Santa Barbara
Cluster Comparison Project. I would like to reproduce the plots of
projections of the dark matter density, gas density, and temperature at z =
0.

The first step is pretty easy - just make a plotcollection and add a
projection. The part I'm not sure about is the smoothing. I need to apply
Gaussian smoothing to this 256^3 data. I figure I do something like what is
in AMRSmoothedCoveringGridBase, but I'm really not sure.

Has anyone done anything similar with yt?