[yt-users] cannot access pressure field

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:25:41 PDT 2011

Hi JC,

This was my suspicion.  Matt and others have been working hard to fix up the
field system in YT to deal problems like this.  Since different versions of
enzo use TotalEnergy and Total_Energy, it has been difficult to make a
lasting solution to this.  I think something is probably coming very soon.

In the mean time, I can tell you the brute force way to fix this, although
others should please chime in if there is something simpler that can be
done.
Go into your yt installation, and edit the file: yt/frontends/enzo/fields.py
and change the definition of ThermalEnergy (roughly line 128) to use the
Total_Energy field instead of TotalEnergy.  That will do it.

I am normally not in favor of solutions that require editing the source.
I'll reiterate that people are working to provide a permanent solution to
this problem and that it shouldn't be too far off.  If someone else has a
more elegant solution, then please speak up.

Britton