[yt-users] Installing Enzo from Yt, error!

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 20:16:29 PST 2011

Hi Hector,

I'm not sure why, but recently some installations of Python with the
yt install script have not been able to build the _ssl module.  This
prevents them from being able to clone the Enzo repository, which uses
"https" as a protocol.  You should be able to modify the line on or
around line number 475 in install_script.sh to change it from:

${HG_EXEC} clone https://enzo.googlecode.com/hg/ ./enzo-hg-stable

to:

${HG_EXEC} clone http://enzo.googlecode.com/hg/ ./enzo-hg-stable

and then re-run the script exactly as before.  It should then be able
to download Enzo to the appropriate directory.

Can you try that, and let us know?  I will also see about adding the
non-https as a fallback in the script for future installations.

Best,

Matt