[yt-users] Installing Enzo from Yt, error!

Hector Aceves aceves at astrosen.unam.mx
Mon Jan 17 16:11:36 PST 2011

Hi to all..

I am new in this Enzo-Yt world, and taking advantage of this mailing list,  I
will appreciate any help you might give me in installing Enzo and Yt. My
problem is as follows.

  Firstly, I am using the install_script.sh provided by Yt, in a AMD multicore
64 bit computer, with shared memory, gfortran as fortran compiler and also
gcc; all this under ubuntu linux.

  I activated the following options in the script:

  NUMPY_ARGS="--fcompiler=gnu95"
  HDF5_DIR=

  INST_ZLIB       = 1 ...
   ...idem
   ...idem
  INST_ENZO       = 1

the last option was set in order to precisely install Enzo, along with Yt.
This script was run with root (sudo) privileges in the /usr/local directory:

  /usr/local>  sudo bash install_script.sh

and gave me.. along other things the following (notice the <*** points):

  HDF5_DIR is not set, so I will be installing HDF5
  Installation will be to
  /usr/local/yt-unknown
  ..
  Installing yt
  Cloning a copy of Enzo.
  abort: No module named _ssl!      <**********
  ..
  ..
  yt is now installed in /usr/local/yt-unknown .

  Enzo has also been checked out, but not built.   <<********

  /usr/local/yt-unknown/src/enzo-hg-stable

  Actually, the enzo-hg-stable does not appear in the /usr/local/yt-unknown
directory, while all the other bzip2-1.0.5, ...,Python-2.6.3, yt-hg
directories are present.

  Checking the yt_install.log I noticed the following message:

Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
_bsddb             _curses            _curses_panel
_hashlib           _sqlite3           _ssl
_tkinter           bsddb185           dbm
dl                 gdbm               imageop
readline           sunaudiodev
To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the
module's name.

appearing in about two places, and also:

INFO: Can't locate Tcl/Tk libs and/or headers

I am attaching in gzip file the whole yt_install.log file; just in case. Any
comments will be appreciated.

Cheers

Hector

Dr. Héctor Aceves Campos