[yt-dev] Proposed 3.0 release strategy: July 30

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:59:38 PDT 2014

+1 on release, +0 on breather (at least for me--I've got a lot of things
left to do on the docs before release!)

I say Mon and Tues we should have a pretty final draft of the docs, so
anyone who wants to join in proofreading them then, the help would be very
well received.

Also, does anyone want to claim the one remaining item from the trello
board--updating what codes are supported by yt?
https://trello.com/c/1ToCxqM0/59-update-code-support-page-to-accurately-reflect-all-the-codes-now-supported

Great job everyone.  There's been a lot of hard work by everyone, and I'm
excited for 3.0 to finally be released soon!

Cameron

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to propose we release yt 3.0 on Wednesday.  This includes these
> steps:
>
>  * Branch existing "yt" as "yt-2.x"
>  * Merge into yt from yt-3.0
>  * Merge that into stable
>  * Tag a release to PyPI
>  * Switch docs on main page to point to the new 3.0 docs
>  * Email out (Latest notes and destinations here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/12oiEFhgeCrKMWMlJbO_cmTRXGd3DmMNh839YGIjKp-0/edit
> please add additional things or suggest edits if you want)
>
> And then I think we might be all set.
>
> In addition, everyone -- particularly Nathan, Cameron and Hilary --
> has been working really hard.  But, we've got just about everything
> done.  So I'd *also* like to propose that people take a breather.
>
> [+-][01] on release on Wed, [+-][01] on people taking a breather?
>
> Here're the trello cards:
>
> https://trello.com/b/Y5XV4Hod/yt-3-0
>
> I'm going to have limited availability Monday and Tuesday (travel) but
> should be able to reply to emails.  On my list for things to do before
> Wednesday are the field list and fleshing out the yt2/3 differences.

Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher
Steward Observatory
University of Arizona