[yt-dev] Proposed 3.0 release strategy: July 30

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:52:39 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to propose we release yt 3.0 on Wednesday.  This includes these steps:

 * Branch existing "yt" as "yt-2.x"
 * Merge into yt from yt-3.0
 * Merge that into stable
 * Tag a release to PyPI
 * Switch docs on main page to point to the new 3.0 docs
 * Email out (Latest notes and destinations here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12oiEFhgeCrKMWMlJbO_cmTRXGd3DmMNh839YGIjKp-0/edit
please add additional things or suggest edits if you want)

And then I think we might be all set.

In addition, everyone -- particularly Nathan, Cameron and Hilary --
has been working really hard.  But, we've got just about everything
done.  So I'd *also* like to propose that people take a breather.

[+-][01] on release on Wed, [+-][01] on people taking a breather?

Here're the trello cards:

https://trello.com/b/Y5XV4Hod/yt-3-0

I'm going to have limited availability Monday and Tuesday (travel) but
should be able to reply to emails.  On my list for things to do before
Wednesday are the field list and fleshing out the yt2/3 differences.