[yt-dev] Removing some analysis modules, removing yt.analysis_modules.api

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:17:28 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I've issued a PR with some potentially controversial changes:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1009/removing-analysis-modules-as-per-trello/diff#comment-2383950

which removes a few analysis modules as per this Trello card:

https://trello.com/c/tJuM4kkk/23-remove-analysis-modules-as-needed

Britton has also suggested that we do away with yt.analysis_modules.api entirely, as importing it imports a whole bunch of stuff you don't need, especially when you only need one module at a time (which is usually the case).

I'm +1 on this, but wanted to get others' takes.

Best,

John