[yt-dev] shpinx errors

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 07:45:54 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <goldbaum at ucolick.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've managed to fix most of the sphinx errors our docs build produces.  I
> > still get the a few warnings, but I think we can safely ignore most of
> them.
>
> Thanks for doing this!
>

> > There are still a few errors that touch parts of the docs I didn't write,
> > specifically:
> >
> > yt-doc/source/advanced/creating_frontend.rst:: WARNING: document isn't
> > included in any toctree
> > yt-doc/source/advanced/reason_architecture.rst:: WARNING: document isn't
> > included in any toctree
> > yt-doc/source/visualizing/simulated_observations.rst:: WARNING: document
> > isn't included in any toctree
> > yt-doc/source/workshop.rst:: WARNING: document isn't included in any
> toctree
> >
> > The errors imply that these four files aren't accessible by navigating
> > through the docs.  Does anyone know how should these sections be
> integrated
> > into the rest of the docs?
>
> Two of these, workshop.rst and reason_architecture, need to be
> integrated.  Workshop is actually linked I believe, but for some
> reason was not added to the toctree.  Sam?

I wasn't sure if the workshop videos belonged in the User Guide.  I'm okay
with either way, since they still appear at the top.  I guess for
consistency could you add the link to after the "Asking for Help" section?

As for reason_achitecture, it looks like it just needs to be added to:
yt-doc/source/advanced/index.html

> The other two are not completed yet, but will also not be completed
> before 2.4.  Please don't remove them.
>

> > I also get several errors complaining about missing images from the
> > cookbook.  Are the images not included in the repository for a reason?
>
> Yes, there are a lot, and they are huge.  They also change with higher
> frequency than I would like for static images that would be checked
> in.
>
> > Is
> > there a helper script somewhere to generate the images?  If so, I'll look
> > into integrating it into the build process.

I don't know how necessary building this into the build process is in the
short term.  Let's put this on the docket for later, but not focus on it
for now.

Sam