[yt-dev] shpinx errors

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 20:34:27 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <goldbaum at ucolick.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've managed to fix most of the sphinx errors our docs build produces.  I
> still get the a few warnings, but I think we can safely ignore most of them.

Thanks for doing this!

> There are still a few errors that touch parts of the docs I didn't write,
> specifically:
>
> yt-doc/source/advanced/creating_frontend.rst:: WARNING: document isn't
> included in any toctree
> yt-doc/source/advanced/reason_architecture.rst:: WARNING: document isn't
> included in any toctree
> yt-doc/source/visualizing/simulated_observations.rst:: WARNING: document
> isn't included in any toctree
> yt-doc/source/workshop.rst:: WARNING: document isn't included in any toctree
>
> The errors imply that these four files aren't accessible by navigating
> through the docs.  Does anyone know how should these sections be integrated
> into the rest of the docs?

Two of these, workshop.rst and reason_architecture, need to be
integrated.  Workshop is actually linked I believe, but for some
reason was not added to the toctree.  Sam?

The other two are not completed yet, but will also not be completed
before 2.4.  Please don't remove them.

> I also get several errors complaining about missing images from the
> cookbook.  Are the images not included in the repository for a reason?

Yes, there are a lot, and they are huge.  They also change with higher
frequency than I would like for static images that would be checked
in.

> Is
> there a helper script somewhere to generate the images?  If so, I'll look
> into integrating it into the build process.

It's still in process.  There is an older helper script, in the
cookbook repository, but Britton and I are actively working on
changing the recipe system and to update all of the cookbook recipes.
This means adding new recipes (which John ZuHone is also working on),
changing them to use the workshop data, streamlining the build, and
also splitting the advanced recipes into a somewhat different
interface.

I am on vacation this week and was occupied all of last week and have
not had time to focus on this.  I can spend a small amount of time
focused on this tomorrow night through Thursday afternoon while I am
off-vacation and at SciPy 2012.

-Matt