[yt-dev] Fwd: [mpi4py] Fwd: [Numpy-discussion] Improving Python+MPI import performance

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Mon Jan 16 08:07:48 PST 2012

Hi Matt,

> I am of the opinion we can do this with an alternate, parallel import that
> would be compatible with yt.mods. Something like yt.pmods. What do you
> think? What should usage of this be?

I disagree that there should be a yt.pmods. I think we should try to
keep it such that a script that works in serial works in parallel.
Obviously, yt.pmods could be made to fall back to serial mode, but I
mean that scripts shouldn't have to be modified, if at all possible,
to go from serial to parallel.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us