[yt-dev] Fwd: [mpi4py] Fwd: [Numpy-discussion] Improving Python+MPI import performance

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 07:57:16 PST 2012

Hi Britton,

My fix has no sideeffects. I think it is safe to apply.

I spoke to Lisandro Dalcin from mpi4py today and he said it is possible
that this will be included in mpi4py proper at some point, so once that
happens we should deprecated ours.

I am of the opinion we can do this with an alternate, parallel import that
would be compatible with yt.mods. Something like yt.pmods. What do you
think? What should usage of this be?

Matt