[yt-dev] Fwd: [mpi4py] Fwd: [Numpy-discussion] Improving Python+MPI import performance

j s oishi jsoishi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 08:08:38 PST 2012

> I am of the opinion we can do this with an alternate, parallel import that
> would be compatible with yt.mods. Something like yt.pmods. What do you
> think? What should usage of this be?

Not sure I understand this. How is yt.pmods compatible with yt.mods?
Do you mean both would have the same effect, but yt.pmods would use
the new mechanism for loading rather than the current standard one
which would be retained by yt.mods? If so, that sounds like an OK idea
to me, though if there is no side effect, it could lead to people
forgetting to sub in pmods, and then being stuck with bad, old
performance. Given that this will be most important where even a
single forgetful job could cost substantial allocation usage, maybe we
should think about making it automatic?

Or perhaps I am misunderstanding...