[Yt-dev] Enzo 2.1 Public Release

Christine Simpson csimpson at astro.columbia.edu
Mon Oct 17 20:11:54 PDT 2011

Enzo 2.1

Oct. 17, 2011

We are proud to announce the public release of Enzo version 2.1. New with this release is an extensive answer testing facility, additional physics capabilities, and AMR performance enhancements. New physics capabilities include isotropic and anisotropic heat conduction, X-ray ionization/heating, massive black hole particles, 4th-order accurate gravity solver, distributed stellar feedback, shock tracking, and improved molecular hydrogen chemistry. Performance improvements include Hilbert curve dynamic load balancing, faster ray tracing, and ray merging. We have improved Enzo’s inline analysis using the yt project, as well as user documentation for the entire Enzo codebase. We have also simplified the generation of multi-mesh cosmological initial conditions.

In addition to code upgrades, we have upgraded and reorganized our online repositories and documentation.  The Enzo Project’s main website is now http://enzo-project.org/ .  Links and information can be found here for both developers and general users.  Our stable releases will continue to live on our Google code website: http://code.google.com/p/enzo/ .  Users can clone a mercurial repository of our stable release code or download a tarball of the code (http://code.google.com/p/enzo/downloads/list ).  A simple quick-start guide can also be found here: http://code.google.com/p/enzo/wiki/EnzoBootCamp .  We will now support versioned documentation for all stable releases since Enzo 2.0 in addition to the development code on enzo-project.org.  The documentation for Enzo 2.1 is located here: http://enzo-project.org/docs/2.1/.

Development will now move to our new Bitbucket repository where all users are encouraged to make contributions to the code by forking the main repository, located at https://bitbucket.org/enzo/enzo-dev .  An explanation of new developer guidelines can be found here: http://enzo-project.org/docs/2.1/developer_guide/index.html .  The current release of Enzo 2.1 features contributions, bug fixes and enhancements from an additional ten individuals (over the course of 2700 changesets) since Enzo 2.0, and through our new development infrastructure we are expanding our ability to solicit and review contributions.

Main website: http://enzo-project.org/