[Yt-dev] quick question on particle IO

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:12:48 PDT 2011

Hi YT devs, I was asked by the sys admin at NICS about a part of YT that I'm
not very familiar with:

"Is the particle IO in YT that calls h5py spawned by multiple processors or
is it doing it serially?"
We're trying to solve a memory issue we're seeing in the parallelHF, and
Stephen has been making modifications that I'm currently trying out, but we
wanted to see if we can identify the source of the problem.  I told the
admin that parallel projection works with each processor reading in only a
portion of the field variables, but I couldn't be sure about the particle
data, so I wanted to verify with people on the dev list.

From
G.S.