[Yt-dev] PlotWindow centering

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 06:32:47 PDT 2011

Hi all (specifically Jeff!),

I'm trying to use Reason to visualize some of my data.  What I'm
running up against is issues with centering in the plot window.
Specifically, I'm trying to visualize a collapsing object, which is
offset from the center by some small value.  I can sort of mock this
up by zooming, re-centering on that object, then zooming, then
re-centering, and so on and so forth.

It's very convenient to be able to specify a center for the PlotWindow
when it's created.  I've added the items to both the slice and the
projection to optionally "Center on max", but it's not clear to me the
best way to communicate that information to the PlotWindow object.
What's the best way to specify a center about which the panning and
zooming will occur?  And, since this will likely result in edges that
are no longer within the domain, is it alright if I turn on
periodicity by default in the Plot Window?

Thanks,

Matt