[Yt-dev] Parallel Hop

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:50:22 PST 2009

> As your PS alluded to, I'd suggest we start looking at periodicity as a possible source, simply because it's the easiest.

I will commit a revision tonight to parameterize the periodicity.  I
think in the parallel halo finder, because we use boxes that we
*manually* make periodic, we always want it off.

> It would be instructive to be able to track easily the linked-to neighbor for each particle on the first pass, for example.

Agreed.  I'll set this up, too.  For this part I will likely
distribute patches via the pastebin.

> What part of this would you like me to do, if any, Matt and Brian?

I think most effective would be if I set up the code parts to get the
data out, and then we can all go nuts on it.  I'll do that tonight,
after I get home.  This afternoon I will likely be writing the entire
time, so I won't be doing any of this until after dinnertime.
(Especially since I am without BSG viewing this week until tomorrow.
Boo.)

Thanks for the data & script!