[Yt-dev] Parallel Hop

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 12:39:34 PST 2009

All,

> So I'd like to identify where in the process the particle results
> change.  This will likely -- by necessity -- include some patches to
> change the memory structure.  It is not clear to me that identifying
> the divergence is a trivial matter.

As your PS alluded to, I'd suggest we start looking at periodicity as a possible source, simply because it's the easiest. Then it would be to try to discover at which step the divergence is happening. It would be instructive to be able to track easily the linked-to neighbor for each particle on the first pass, for example.

What part of this would you like me to do, if any, Matt and Brian?

> Stephen, if you could put your data up somewhere, along with the
> scripts you used to generate that blog post, we can get going on this
> in earnest.

Below you can find a link to download the dataset and the script I used to run it.

http://stephenskory.com/research/?p=1538