[Yt-dev] Parallel Hop

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 14:42:23 PST 2009

> All of these things have been done. I've attached the text files, where MattFix outputs are using Matt's request above, by-hand is the output from my total_mass fix done by hand. The only differences between these is the value of 'max_dens,' which changes due to box size, but all other values are identical for each run.

Awesome.  So we just need to rescale the value of max_dens *back*,
which I will check into, and then we're set.  I will add a new
subclass of AMRRegionBase that is AMRRegionStrictBase, which does not
include the +0.5[dx].  (I happen to think that we -- in general --
want the *current* behavior, but for this clearly we do not.)  This
will be the returned class for all domain decomp.  The files you sent
have one the scale of two particles different; I will see if I can
pick out which two those are, and then IF we are able to get that set
correctly, that would be an amazing bonus.  If NOT, I think I am
prepared to accept it.

Thanks!