[Yt-dev] gas energy, total energy and field aliases

david collins antpuncher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:46:18 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I don't know if you guys have noticed, but there are lots of different
> field names for Gas Energy and Total Energy, depending on both branch
> of the code and test problem.  (LCA 1.5 even still has an underscore
> in the rotating cylinder problem!)  This bit me today and I thought
> about it, and I think the solution is -- in this two-choice case -- to
> have aliases.

I thought I caught all of them in lca1.5.

I've been wrestling that glitch for years.  I make a point of removing
all underscores in hdf5 field names I come across in the source code,
I encourage all others to do the same.  I tried to get all of them in
lca1.5 before it came out.

> http://bitbucket.org/MatthewTurk/yt/changeset/9f624c382c1a/

There's also a "Total\ Energy" (with an escaped space) that's kicking
around in some versions of some tests.

d.