[Yt-dev] gas energy, total energy and field aliases

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:56:29 PDT 2009

This has also driven me crazy.  As David points out, there is even this
additional instance popping up.  Maybe some sort of regular expression
matching would be more flexible.  For example, the Gas Energy field we know
has Gas and Energy with something or nothing in between.  We could have the
field that is to be gas energy check the available fields from one grid, do
a regex like /Grid[\s\_]*Energy/ to find out what it's being called in that
simulation, and then do the aliasing that way.  This might be better at
catching any additional deviations from the standard field names that may
come along in the future.

Britton