[Yt-dev] gas energy, total energy and field aliases

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:26:27 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but there are lots of different
field names for Gas Energy and Total Energy, depending on both branch
of the code and test problem.  (LCA 1.5 even still has an underscore
in the rotating cylinder problem!)  This bit me today and I thought
about it, and I think the solution is -- in this two-choice case -- to
have aliases.

I've committed a change to bitbucket that I'm going to test out
tonight more extensively, but in my initial tests it successfully
swapped out Gas_Energy & GasEnergy and Total_Energy & TotalEnergy.

Does anyone see any problems with it?

http://bitbucket.org/MatthewTurk/yt/changeset/9f624c382c1a/

If not, I'll commit tomorrow or the day after.  I believe
ThermalEnergy is currently broken with LCA1.5, and this would fix it.