[yt-users] [YT-USERS] Incoherence when ploting a slice - from FLASH simulation

Gabriel RIGON rigon.g at bureau.luli.polytechnique.fr
Tue May 2 14:17:31 PDT 2017

I've uploaded the dataset: http://use.yt/upload/364c7039

Gabriel

________________________________
De : yt-users [yt-users-bounces at lists.spacepope.org] de la part de Nathan Goldbaum [nathan12343 at gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 2 mai 2017 23:09
À : Discussion of the yt analysis package
Objet : Re: [yt-users] [YT-USERS] Incoherence when ploting a slice - from FLASH simulation

Could one of you share a dataset that exhibits this behavior?

You can use the yt curldrop to share datasets:

https://docs.hub.yt/services.html#curldrop

-Nathan

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Scott Feister <sfeister at gmail.com<mailto:sfeister at gmail.com>> wrote:
Gabriel,

I would like to add that I have seen this problem as well in my own usage of FLASH with yt. The streaks appear to be perfectly doubled in value relative to their neighbors. I would love to hear if anyone in the yt community has seen it and/or knows what might be going on! Note: These streaks are not in the FLASH data; VisIt reproduces the data without the streaks. Also, a yt ray output does not show the streaks; the slice plot does.

Best,

Scott

Scott Feister, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Flash Center for Computational Science
University of Chicago, Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics