[yt-users] miniconda installation issue

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 08:20:20 PDT 2017

Hi Wolfram,

This looks like an issue with Continuum Analytics' servers which
unfortunately we don't control. Since it got that far in the install script
I think this might just be a transient network issue with that one
endpoint. I just tried running the install script on my laptop and didn't
see any issues. Can you try again?

Another option would be to try running the install script with INST_CONDA=0
(you'll need to edit the bash install script to set this), which will not
use miniconda or try to connect to any of the conda/anaconda web services.
Finally you should also be able to set up your own python environment and
just to "pip install yt" or set up your own conda environment and do "conda
install -c conda-forge yt".

-Nathan