[yt-users] miniconda installation issue

Wolfram Schmidt wolfram.schmidt at uni-hamburg.de
Tue Mar 28 03:28:28 PDT 2017

Hi,

I have encountered a problem when installing yt using the miniconda
python distribution on a remote host. After downloading and installing
various packages, the installation process gets stuck here (see also
attached log file):

EXECUTING:
   /home/h/hzfbhsws/yt-conda/bin/conda install -c conda-forge --yes yt
Fetching package metadata ...........
Solving package specifications: .

CondaError: CondaHTTPError: HTTP None None for url
<https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/linux-64/conda-env-2.6.0-0.tar.bz2>
Elapsed: None

Indeed when I try

wget
https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/linux-64/conda-env-2.6.0-0.tar.bz2

on the host on which I have been running the installation, the following
error message is thrown:

Connecting to s3.amazonaws.com|54.231.40.130|:443... failed: No route to
host.

On the local host (i.e. my PC), there is no problem with downloading the
conda-env package with wget:

Saving to: ‘conda-env-2.6.0-0.tar.bz2’

conda-env-2.6.0-0.tar.bz2
100%[===================================================================>]
1017  --.-KB/s    in 0s

2017-03-28 12:18:08 (37,9 MB/s) - ‘conda-env-2.6.0-0.tar.bz2’ saved
[1017/1017]

Maybe the problem is related to port 443 on the host on which I want to
install yt.

In any case, how can I circumvent this? I can put the required package
into the yt-conda/pkgs directory, but I haven't figured out how to tell
the installation script to use the existing file rather than attempting
to download it.

Best regards,
Wolfram