[yt-users] phaseplot set zlim

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 06:39:15 PDT 2017

Ah sorry, I gave you bad advice in my initial e-mail.

The cut_region selects individual cells in your simulation that have masses
greater than the cutoff you chose. However that's not what the profile is
giving you. It's showing you regions in density-temperature parameter
space, with each box in this parameter space getting contributions from
several zones in your simulation. The reason your PhasePlot made from the
cut_region has "holes" you weren't expecting is that those regions are the
ones preferentially filled by low-mass zones in your simulation.

To get the plot you want you're going to need to mask out the 2D profile
PhasePlot uses to create the 2D histogram plot. The most straightforward
way to do this is to create the profile object manually using
create_profile, tweak it by zeroing out histogram bins that don't contain
enough mass, and then create a PhasePlot from the profile object using
PhasePlot.from_profile.

Here's a worked example showing how to do this:

https://gist.github.com/3a2afd006be4d1918f28d98ef2a1e077

Again, apologies for giving you bad advice on this issue initially, hope
this example helps.

-Nathan

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 1:32 AM Stephanie Tonnesen <stonnes at gmail.com>