[yt-users] NetCDF autoloader

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:17:24 PST 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Marianne Corvellec <
marianne.corvellec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kacper!
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> I was able to run the following http://paste.yt-project.org/show/7081/
> on my dataset, adapting the following from your script:
>
> * I took a slice of the data, keeping only 2 days out of the 366 (this
> is variable 'time' renamed into 'altitude').  If I kept all days, my
> memory would completely fill up (15.5G), which would kill my kernel.
> With 2 days, memory fills up to ~5G...  I should study what
> ProjectionPlot() does exactly.
>
> * Note that SlicePlot() yields exactly the same output, i.e., this
> unexpected projection (plot attached).  Boundaries for x and y don't
> match `bbox`
>
> array([[ 3652.        ,  4017.        ],
>        [   41.04166794,    83.45832825],
>        [ -140.95832825,   -52.04167175]], dtype=float32)
>
> these values being output again by yt in the stream.
>
> * I removed `ds.surface_height = 0 * ds.domain_width.uq` which doesn't
> seem to make a difference, and set `field = 'pr'` (which stands for
> precipitation).

Cool!

There is still lots of work to do to make working with these sorts of data
"nicer". We're very interested in hearing about the issues you run into as
adding first-class support for these sorts of data will become a big focus
in the next few years.