[yt-users] NetCDF autoloader

Marianne Corvellec marianne.corvellec at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:04:33 PST 2017

Hi Kacper!

Thank you very much.

I was able to run the following http://paste.yt-project.org/show/7081/
on my dataset, adapting the following from your script:

* I took a slice of the data, keeping only 2 days out of the 366 (this
is variable 'time' renamed into 'altitude').  If I kept all days, my
memory would completely fill up (15.5G), which would kill my kernel.
With 2 days, memory fills up to ~5G...  I should study what
ProjectionPlot() does exactly.

* Note that SlicePlot() yields exactly the same output, i.e., this
unexpected projection (plot attached).  Boundaries for x and y don't
match `bbox`

array([[ 3652.        ,  4017.        ],
       [   41.04166794,    83.45832825],
       [ -140.95832825,   -52.04167175]], dtype=float32)

these values being output again by yt in the stream.

* I removed `ds.surface_height = 0 * ds.domain_width.uq` which doesn't
seem to make a difference, and set `field = 'pr'` (which stands for
precipitation).

Cheers,
Marianne

PS: I can't run the initial script
(http://paste.yt-project.org/show/7068/) readily on "cm1out_000013.nc"
(getting KeyError: 'ni' line 26; a quick glance at $ ncdump -h
cm1out_000013.nc shows float xh(ni) among the variables, not ni(ni)...
not that I'm super familiar with netcdf data myself).