[yt-users] Stacked temperature profiles

Thor Andreas Seiff Ellewsen tellewsen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 05:16:48 PST 2017

Hi everyone.

I'm currently working on making temperature and density profiles from some
ramses simulations.
I'd like to make these profiles the average radial profile of the halos in
the simulation.

I think the included rockstar in yt supports this in some form, but my halo
catalog is made using AHF and then imported from an ascii file.

To do this I need help with two things:
The first one is how to scale the radius of each profile to the
corresponding virial radius.
The other is how to actually average all these profiles.

Is this something that can be done?

I will be trying to compare the resulting profile with the same for
different simulations in the end, but I don't expect to have any big
problems with that.

The code I'm currently using for this can be found at
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/7058/

Best,
Andreas Ellewsen