[yt-users] Workaround for creating OffAxisProjectionPlots with a data_source

Setton, David Jonathan - (davidsetton) davidsetton at email.arizona.edu
Mon Jun 12 17:23:24 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to make some plots of a simulation with a temperature cut projected along the viewing frame from the earth, which is not one of the natural xyz coordinates in the simulation. I have been doing this using the cut_region() function on my full data set. I can create projections along x, y, and z using yt.ProjectionPlot with a data_source keyword, but the feature does not appear to be implemented for Off Axis projections. Has anyone developed a workaround for this?

Best,

David Setton