[yt-users] yt-users Digest, Vol 107, Issue 10

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 25 05:15:39 PST 2017

​Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your response.  I downgraded back to yt 3.2.3 so that I could
get my work done, so I at the moment, I can't explore the grid hierarchy
with yt 3.3.3​.  I'm happy to share my dataset with you.  I'll upload it to
the curldrop site.

Regards,
Jon

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 7:31 PM, <yt-users-request at lists.spacepope.org>
wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I just tried this using WDMerger_hdf5_chk_1000 (see yt-project.org/data),
> which is a FLASH dataset from a simulation done in cylindrical coordinates,
> but it seems to work for me ok using that dataset:
>
>     $ yt load WDMerger_hdf5_chk_1000/WDMerger_hdf5_chk_1000.hdf5
>
>     In [1]: slc = ds.slice(2, 0.)
>
>     In [2]: slc['dr'].min()
>     Out[2]: 25600000.0 code_length
>
> Somehow something is getting set to a NaN, my guess is gobj.LeftEdge[i]. In
> this context gobj is a grid object, so for some reason grid.LeftEdge is NaN
> along one of your axes for at least one of your grids. You can navigate the
> grid hierarchy by looking at the grid array: ds.index.grids[0] should be a
> reference to the root grid. You can also just iterate over ds.index.grids
> to look at all the grids in your dataset.
>
> Is there any chance you can share the dataset that's causing this issue? We
> have the yt curldrop (https://docs.hub.yt/services.html#curldrop)
> available
> for sharing data publicly. If it's not ok to share the dataset publicly we
> can try sharing it off-list.
>
> -Nathan

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA