[yt-users] arbitrary grid and user-defined field

Stephanie Tonnesen stonnes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 22:14:50 PDT 2017

Hi yt-users!

I have a simulation run on Enzo that has a best resolution cell size of ~40
pc.  I would like to be able to compare my run to observations that are at
a resolution of ~200 pc.  I want to save a bunch of data in a fits file
with that resolution.  It looks like the way to do this is to create an
arbitrary_grid object.  If someone has a better method, please tell me!

So I have my artbitrary_grid object, and I am making arrays of fields:

xp = arbgridobj['x']
...etc....

xp = np.array(xp)
...etc...

my code keeps crashing when I try to get a user-defined field for my
arbitrary_grid object.  If I try to get the field for a cut_region my code
runs just fine.  Is user-defined fields + arbitrary_grid objects just
something that yt can't do or is there some different way to make this
happen than in a cut_region?

Thanks!!

Best,
Stephanie