[yt-users] Volume cutout

Daniel Fenn dsfenn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:25:28 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm working with data on a cubic domain, and I'd like to be able to
visualize the whole 3D domain with one octant cut out.

What I'm looking for is similar to VisIt's clipping functionality. I don't
really need a real volume render with opacity--rather, I'd like pseudocolor
planes showing the boundaries of the domain, but cut out in one octant so
that the interior is visible. The visible interior portion would then be
defined by a set of orthogonal pseudocolor planes marking the interior
boundaries of the desired quadrant.

Is there a straightforward way to achieve this using yt? I'd appreciate any
suggestions.

Thanks,

Dan